Hospice Volunteer Program
Omni Care Hospice is looking for individuals who want to give back. Whether you’re a family member of a loved one who went through hospice or someone who simply has a big heart, consider our volunteer hospice program. Patients and families going through hospice have a lot on their minds, which can be extremely stressful.
Receive Our Volunteer Application in Your Email
- Assist patients and families during what is an emotional and difficult time
- Lend a helping hand or a hand to hold
- Provide the presence of your caring and compassionate personality
You may find that you’ll receive as much or more than you give.
What Volunteering for Us Means
One thing to keep in mind is that, as a hospice volunteer, you will see patients who are in the dying process and may be bed-ridden or experiencing difficulty performing tasks independently.
Our volunteers sit and visit with our patients, read to them, and provide emotional support to them and their family members. Note: You will never transport the patient or act as a caregiver, but you may act as a sitter for the patient.
In order to qualify, you must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Agree to go through our background check, a physical, and TB testing (at no cost to you)
- Have a ton of patience and compassion
*CPR is not required.